Google Plus

Back to basics

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I went through my posts and realized that I have not dedicated any to the purpose of my blog.
To talk about my Frizzy Life armed with hooks and covered in cat hair.
A Crafty Update
I will be attending a convention in New Orleans in July.
I decided to knit my opening session outfit.  I selected a simple tank pattern from One Skein Projects to Knit or Crochet
Once I started on the third skein of yarn, I realized that this book exaggerated.  I felt that using four skeins or more on a simple tank top was not a good use of my talent.

I frogged it and began another project last week.






Using Ravelry's nifty pattern finder tool, I selected the China Doll pattern in my copy of Interweave Crochet spring 2008.  It is a design by one of my favorite crochet designers


Doris Chan.
 I have made a few of her designs.  I love them.
Unfortunately, I only have 8 skeins of the yarn that I want to use.  I didn't check before starting the project.  I am having a hell of a time finding more skeins of the yarn. 
I can crochet much faster than I can knit. This top will be completed, I just don't know how long it will be if I run out of yarn.

I am using a cotton/acrylic blend of sport weight yarn.  I think that Debbie Bliss Eco Baby will be a good substitute. 
Crossing my fingers
I have two weeks to complete this.  I am will be beginning the waist shaping tomorrow.

I need to complete this top for a friend.  Once again, I am running out of yarn. I was confident that I had two skeins when I began.  Sometimes, I think my house is inhabited by a yarn gremlin. Fortunately, I have enough yarn to finish it if I change my color design. 
Since, the convention is more important. She will have to wait for her summer top. 

Garden Gnome Watch

Today, he is guarding the rudibeckia.  Actually, he is in front of the garden itself. Do you see the wooden fence that the neighbors installed making sure that all the weeks and bothersome bushes (that will not die) were on my side of the fence?  The only think that fence keeps out is their dog. 
You can see the morning glory sprouts that I have to remove every few days and somewhere in there is a tomatilla sprout. Since I do not make green chili, I usually remove those as well. 
I will get into the garden sometime this week.  Wish me luck. 

0 comments:

Blog Anniversary

I have been doing this since before October 2005 The original blog is lost forever, thanks Yahoo!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!