Google Plus

Trapped in an Elevator

Monday, November 12, 2007

The Perfect Holiday Gift
Projects
I read this article and thought to myself. I want one, too.

http://www.theweekdaily.com/news_opinion/extras/28707/editors_letter.html

I want a cell phone jammer, too.

Sometimes, I am trapped by cell phones. I am trapped in elevators, cars, in line at the store, in my office, at a meal or wherever by someone's cell phone conversation.

I have actually started covering my mouth when I am talking near people to avoid being overheard. I realized that if I were at home no one would listen to me and no one really needed to know what I am plotting.

It drives me nuts when people shout into their cell phone as if they are in a crowded room and no one could possibly hear them anyway. While everyone makes crazy faces at the cell phone shouter, I am the one suggested that she might be more comfortable having her conversation in another room. That is right. I am an advocate of bringing folks back to reality.

WE CAN HEAR YOU AND WE DON'T CARE

In the past, it was cool to have a cell phone. People thought you were important. We were quiet while business deals or medical advice was dispensed. Once, a guy accepted a job offer on his cell phone.

Today, it is just nonsense.

Husbands calling about grocery lists; a guy telling his brother that his girlfriend had filed assault charges before he was able to do so; friends who don't want anything at all but to know what you are doing; chinese food orders; party locations and attendees; or daughters asking their mom where their school uniform is located.

Too Much Information Overload

I want it to stop. Cover your mouth when you answer your phone or don't answer it. Look around you. There are people there. Is your life really that interesting that strangers must be subjected to one-half of your conversation? And for the sake of all things private, don't answer your phone in a public restroom.

Frizzy Hooker

Yarn Stash Afghan Blanket

50perc

The baby will not be here until April. I am going to take my time on this one.

I B Knitty

Great Escape Cape

I am having quite a bit of trouble with the whole 'making a seam' issue. I had to buy more yarn. Argh. Thank goodness there was exactly ONE ball remaining of the Eros yarn.

Knotted Openwork Shawl


Still have not touched this one in two weeks.

0 comments:

Blog Anniversary

I have been doing this since before October 2005 The original blog is lost forever, thanks Yahoo!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!