Google Plus

I call Shenanigans!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The other day I was having YET another discussion about turkey bacon.
No one can give me a correct response to my exclamation:




So, I googled "How turkey bacon is made" in the hopes that some kid's science show has covered this topic.
Yahoo!Answers provided the best answer here
Not very informative but humorous.
I typed "What the hell is turkey bacon"
The search led me here
Now, that is what I have been trying to tell people. Nothing that requires that much energy to alter its original state into what we see in the store can be good for you.

The ingredients list :
Ingredients: (White Turkey, Mechanically Separated Turkey, Dark Turkey), Water, Sugar, Salt, contains 2% or less of Canola Oil, Sun Flower Oil, Natural Flavor, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Nitrite.

So what has convinced so many people that turkey bacon beats the original BACON for nutrition?
Shenanigans
Baby pig shenanigans.

Funny Captions - YOU KNOW, TURKEY BACON  IS REALLY DELICIOUS WE HEAR
see more Funny Captions
This week's GBE2 Prompt was Shenanigans.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psst, you didn't hear it from me, Piglet is the mastermind behind the turkey bacon movement. Pooh couldn't be prouder.

Unknown said...

You are probably spot on about the pigs spreading this thing around about turkey bacon being better!! Hell if Kathy bacon was the in thing I would be spreading around any kind of bacon was better! LMAO Fun post!!Made me laugh!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

I'm one of those weird "I don't care where it came from" wish I was a hippie native american not wasting any part of the animal, but you definitely have a point!

Hofacre HEN House Blogs said...

Turkey Bacon is good for someone who has really high cholesterol and my one daughter is in a class with a little boy who is allergic to ham and bacon (i.e. pig products) and if my daughter comes in with it on her breath she can cause him anaphalaxyis (? sp). She really likes the boy. So we use the turkey bacon for his safety.

Hofacre HEN House Blogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Frizzy Hooker said...

@MarySharing
That is a good reason. I certainly don't object to that.

Jo said...

Well, obviously the turkey product, can't call it bacon, is higher in calories so it's not a healthier choice and it contains a ton of 'stuff' that isn't meat. Not my choice, but for one who is pig intolerant, I guess it's better than never having anything bacon-like.
For me....bring on the bacon and don't be stingy! I hate a BLT with 3 slices of bacon. Bacon is the first ingredient...bring it on!!
♥ Piglet shenanigans for sure.

Brenda said...

Funny. I am always suspicious of 'created products' tofu hotdogs and turkey bacon or 'i can't believe it's not butter'. Of course it's not, only butter is butter. I am not in to sloppy seconds. Why bother. Thanks much for stopping by my site.

Blog Anniversary

I have been doing this since before October 2005 The original blog is lost forever, thanks Yahoo!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!