Finally a friend of mine is having a girl. I had excitement. I could use the girlie colors that I have in my stash to create a blanket or a kimono.
I decided to knit a blanket for the stoller. After two weeks, I noticed that the yarn had a weird quality to render my tension useless. I couldn't make the row look even.
I frogged it.
Next, I chose to crochet a blanket for the crib.
The design is pretty simple. Three rows of single crochet and one row of double crochet. I chose to use different stitches on the double crochet row. This breaks up my boredom.
Unfortunately, I screwed up royally on one of the dc rows and after one and half skeins of yarn, I noticed that the square was curling awkwardly.
I unravelled it.
I unravelled it again.
I finally had to take it back to the first skein undoing about 6 inches of hard work. I had four days to complete it. Then I realized that making a gift for a baby before the baby is born is always my undoing. I simply cannot handle the pressure. So, I went to JCPenney and bought some onesies. Soon-to-be-new-mommy loved them.
There that is it. Forever more, I will make baby items at my leisure and save them deserving soon-to-be-mommies.
I am still working on the ruana from last Fall. I had to order more skeins of discontinued colors from eBay. Thank goodness for destashing.
It has gotten pretty big. I am excited to have it completed by this Fall.
Spring time is here. I took pictures of flowers that bloomed during March.
I forgot to take pictures of the crocuses.