Google Plus

It is just hair

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It is about time I have a hair post.

I have not had a permanent relaxed hairstyle in about ten years.  My final relaxer appointment was in November of 1999. I started my journey with roller sets.  I graduated to single strand twists.  For a few years, I enjoyed double strand twists.  Those became too expensive to maintain while I searched for  a house and I moved to the afro-puff. My hair broke off after a bad coloring job (professional) and I maintained the afro-puff for a few years.  Now, I am exploring flat ironed hair in the winter and double strand twists in the summer.  I am having a ball.  I don't know what I will do with my hair next and I love the flexibility.

I referenced several books back in 1999 before I made this decision.

No LyeThe book just reaffirmed my decision. 

I know longer have any of these books. I have given them all away to people who wanted to explore life after the relaxer.
BTW it is a little creepy that Amazon.com has my ordering history cataloging that far back. 
No Lye
Hair Raising
Good Hair

I would not suggest investing a lot into these types of books.  The books tend to chronicle the experiences of the author and the author's friends.  The advice is not always the best and the product recommendations should be taken as a suggestions.  
More later.  



From 1997 to 2010.
Hmm, the slideshow is not here. 
From the Frizzy Archives after the jump

I will be going through my original blog over the next few weeks and will be highlighting an old post. It really isn't my original blog but that blog has been removed.  My first blog was housed at Yahoo! 360. I moved it to Multiply a few years ago.  So, I am actually reviewing copied posts from my original blog. I moved to Blogger and all posts copy to Multiply so that there is one location to find all (or at least) most of my Frizzy musings since 2004. If you are lucky, I will spell check the original post.   Sadly, all the  entries are lost forever from that first year in 2004 and early 2005. 

I liked this post from 2005 about the movie industry

0 comments:

Blog Anniversary

I have been doing this since before October 2005 The original blog is lost forever, thanks Yahoo!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!