Google Plus

Tatting Done Easy

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One of my new friends noticed that I like to craft during my lunch breaks.  He shared with me that his wife is also a crafter. He told me wonderful stories about his family and their domestic crafts. 
As refugees from Iran, he and his wife could not work while living in Turkey. To keep busy and make some income, she taught tatting to other refugees.



These are lovely.  Now that the pair are pursuing new degrees in USA (despite having them in their native country) she does not have much time to tat except during the summer. 

Like all husbands of women who craft he said to me, "it takes so long."
His story is very interesting. I have had glimpses into his past over the past 19 months.  Each time, I am left speechless.  A former soldier, a professional, a refugee, and now a student (with student loans).  On top of that he is a husband and a father. 
How can I complain when I consider where he has been and where he is going?
I need to start thinking about my goals......

For more information about tatting http://threadsofatattinggoddess.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Gina said...

Oh, come to my blog and see all the other tatting bloggers too! Lots of resources there for anyone who wants to learn. I hope your friend's wife is part of our online community and if not, she should join! Nice post!
http://threadsofatattinggoddess.blogspot.com/

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

what beautiful work, and what a great guy to share his pride in his wife's skills

The Frizzy Hooker said...

Oh thank you Gina
I will send the information to her

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely! I agree with Suse - how awesome is he for being proud of his wife?! :)

Blog Anniversary

I have been doing this since before October 2005 The original blog is lost forever, thanks Yahoo!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!