Google Plus

Made of the most potent clinically proven natural herbs

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Adventures in Felting

I crocheted a quiver out of Ella Rae. I added the drink mix to intensify the color. Just ignore the wine bottle opener. And the crackers. Hic.
I used a smaller sized Pringles can and a button. There was no pattern. I just eyed it.I placed modeling clay in it to provide a soft base in which to stick knitting needles or crochet hooks. Under the modeling clay is fiber fluff. The fluff gives the clay bottom some give. A little bouncy, too. I made the quiver for a swap. Following the theme "Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness" A fleeing crafter will find the quiver a perfect carrier. The clay insures that the tools inside the container will not bounce around. No alerting the zombie scum. The strap has a button for easy attachment onto a belt loop. Overall, I think that it is the product of my best imagination.

The felted purse for the little girl has been completed and felted. 

Kalie will be her moniker for the blog. Let's hope that I can remember that. It really does bother me when I want to reference someone in the blog and cannot remember the nickname I had created for the person for previous blog entries. My neighbor Leeza VanDamme has asked me numerous times to use her real name. I will not. Sometimes when strange things happen in our neighborhood she remarks, "I can't wait to see that on your blog." I have mixed feelings on that. I don't really want weird stuff to happen on our block so that I can write about it in the blog. I want the weird stuff to stop.
 
Here is Kalie with the completed project. I finished the purse while visiting my sister to attend her older daughter's graduation. I gave my sister the instructions to felt the purse for Kalie. I am impressed. My sister did a great job.
Little girls must fill their purses up with junk.Kalie is no different.


And this is how it looked before felting. 

That is her older sister drinking from the cup.
I really hope that I have not set my self up to be Kalie's little purse maker.

0 comments:

Blog Anniversary

I have been doing this since before October 2005 The original blog is lost forever, thanks Yahoo!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!