Google Plus

Secret of Male Strength

Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Fourth of July Weekend spent with other people's kids.
we headed to the park around 10:30. They drank koolaid and I drank water. I let them play on their scooters and the swings for a few hours before we packed up and headed to a friend's house.


Me crocheting in public at the park

OPK rolling out to the bike trail

Trey and Lil'T
The most awesome picnic basket ever
I found this picnic basket at JC Penney
Told you...
 The bottom drawer is for the hot food. It has a telescoping handle, too. The kids didn't want to drink their Kool Aid bottles favoring water from the "wine" glasses.

Wild rollers in action
The backyard volleyball game


We had overcast until 1 pm. That was when I decided that it would be best to pack up and head over to someone's house with A/C. Unfortunately, the kids wanted to continue playing outside in the high heat and risk heat stroke on my watch. We reached a compromise. They could play as long as they did it with each other and I would stay outside and watch everyone's kids as long as I had a margarita and emergency water bottles.
I don't know why it took so long (I was drinking afterall) but eventually one of the mother's joined me on the patio while we regulated the kid's body heat.

Lil'T and Trey had the pinkest cheeks. I would make them sit and drink water with me a few times each hour.
Exhausted?
At the end of the day, they went right to bed. What more could I ask?

0 comments:

Blog Anniversary

I have been doing this since before October 2005 The original blog is lost forever, thanks Yahoo!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!